Ocean Tide Weyr
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What if Magic Never Comes?

2 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

What if Magic Never Comes? Empty What if Magic Never Comes?

Post by Dria Tue Feb 06, 2024 11:42 am

Den was, for all purposes, a handsome boy in the fire dorms. He had just turned 18 and was frustrated. He wasn't eligible for a dragon, and the bonding ceremony hadn't bonded him with anyone. Oh he had tried over the many years, but he was starting to feel like he had an anti-magic barrier up.

You see, his parents were powerful humans. His mother was the first female president of the USA, who had won by a landslide, as not only was she the lesser of two evils but she appealed to the right demographics.

It had shook the family when he went away. Of course very little was known about this island, world leaders were privacy to very minimal knowledge. Just enough to know that there was no danger, no weapons.

He sighed and looked outside, in the distance the mountains shimmered as the sun began to set. Another thing that was truly awful was he was gay. Flaming gay, in fact his nails were currently painted a wonderful shade of purple that shimmered brightly in the right lighting.

Getting up from his studies he put away his books and headed out to the back gardens. Students still were milling around, as curfew was a couple hours away still. The salty fall air was crisp yet still had lingering remnants of summer, a false promise or a tragic farewell to beautiful weather. Den sighed softly, skipping a rock across the pond and frowned. He'd have to figure his life out. He wasn't prepared for the real world, but he felt like he stood outside looking in to the world around him. Stuck in a weird limbo. Finally he sat down against a tree, staring as the stars and moon danced in the pond. "Gah."
Dria
Dria
Admin

Back to top Go down

What if Magic Never Comes? Empty Re: What if Magic Never Comes?

Post by Admin Tue Feb 06, 2024 1:03 pm

Liam had also been in the class, but unlike poor Den... the young man did NOT want to be a dragon rider. He felt that route had already been claimed by his older brother. And in such a way that he could never HOPE to compete. Course... it probably didn't help that their family had been a part of the magical community for generations. 

In fact, Liam groaned when he made it outside after class and ran SMACK into Alvarez. "Little bro! How was class?" he asked. He had gained a lot of muscle definition after completing much of his training with Bastis. 

"Not bad. What's up?" he asked his brother, curious. He really didn't want to go through the conversation he could hear coming even as his brother responded with the next part!

"Good! You ready for the next ceremony? You got here too late to participate in the last one," he commented. 

"I had to go home and help mom and dad with something," Liam responded with a shrug. 

"You should come to the next one! A couple of Bas's hatchlings are ready to bond!" He grinned. He was PROUD of his dragon... and his mate. 

"Uhm... I will think about it," he told his brother, "I gotta get going. Didn't you say that you have a bunch of meetings?" he tried to get Alvarez to change his focus.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://oceanweyr.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Dria Tue Feb 06, 2024 2:14 pm

Den got up and walked back in seeing the two brothers. Liam. His heart began to race and he felt that awful sweaty feeling in the palms of his hands. Liam was a guy most girls (and all the gay dudes) wanted to date. Why wouldn't they? "Uh, h-hey Liam." He smiled at Liam. "Oh, hi Alvarez." He greeted politely. "have you finished the project yet Liam? I can't concentrate." He sighed.
Dria
Dria
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Feb 06, 2024 3:22 pm

Liam glanced up when a classmate of his walked over. "I haven't yet. Was just looking for a quiet place to work on it. If you want, you can join in?" he invited before looking to his older brother, "I gotta get going. Homework to do and all," he informed. 

Alvarez frowned a little but nodded, "Sure thing. Hi Den. It's good to see you again after the last dragon bonding ceremony," he smiled warmly, "If you haven't hit your max age, just keep trying!" he then turned and headed off. 

Liam sighed and shook his head, "Thanks. I hate how much he pushes me to try and bond with a dragon," he admitted to his classmate once his brother was out of ear shot.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dria Tue Feb 06, 2024 3:35 pm

"Yeah I can join you." He agreed waving to Al. "Oh? I feel if I don't bind in going to let everyone down." He frowned. He hated that he was treated differently beyond the island. He didn't ask to be the son of a president. He just happened to have been born. "What do you want then? To bond at all?" He asked curiously.
Dria
Dria
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Feb 06, 2024 3:38 pm

He shrugged, "I'm not worried about it that much... I just feel like my brother is bonded to the king of the dragons and our family has been dragon riders or some other part of the magical community for a long time..." he sighed, "I don't want to be compared in that way. How am I supposed to get even close to what he's done just by bonding to a high ranking dragon?" 

He shook his head, "He doesn't know that. I don't want him to. He'll feel bad and try to tell me that what he's done shouldn't have any impact on me, but it does. I've had too many people go on to me about how well he's done and that I should strive to do the same. Like there'd be more than one dragon king in the area," he rolled his eyes at that thought, starting towards a quiet area where they could do their project.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dria Tue Feb 06, 2024 3:40 pm

He frowned. "Seems like we're two peas in different pods then. Somehow mom's success means that if I don't do well I'm failing her, and even the entire nation." He sighed. "I wish I could just disappear or just be Den, just Den. Not whoevers son." He paused. "You know. We could just skip out. Go to the forest or something. Maybe we don't need to return. I mean what happens if we don't?"
Dria
Dria
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Feb 06, 2024 3:43 pm

He blinked before he chuckled. "Don't get me wrong, I am not looking to run away from things. I just want to enjoy being myself. No one said I need to try for a dragon. No one says you need to try for a dragon. They have a less... fancy... bonding ceremony where you could bond with any variety of species that is looking to bond with a human. Also, not bonding doesn't mean  you've failed.. just means you have something else for you," he assured his new friend, "But I am good with the idea of us just being ourselves instead of worrying how the world views us in relation to a successful family member."
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dria Tue Feb 06, 2024 4:32 pm

It was nice to have comradery in such areas of his life. "Alright. Well. We should still go to town and totally go for a drink...or something...I mean if you want." He blushed, he wasn't even sure if he just asked Liam on a date or not. Really he was feeling giddy but tried to keep it under control. "There's the festival coming and who knows. Maybe we'll just be us after it." It was always a 'risk' at these festivals. Students were open to bond with whatever wished to after all!
Dria
Dria
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Feb 06, 2024 4:42 pm

He walked, pausing for half a moment as he thought about the invite. Honestly, he had thought about going to the festival anyways. Would be interesting if he did find a bond by mistake at one. Or well... by happenstance. He wasn't sure it would BE a mistake. 

"You know, it could be fun to go to the festival. I'm in," he agreed with a nod, "I was half thinking about checking it out anyways." 

Truth be told, he was so focused on how to "rebell" against things that he didn't really think about the idea of maybe... just going to a festival or even finding a boyfriend. Not even his family knew he was gay.. but it was just because it never came up. That and it wasn't something that people really worried about in the magical world. One was the way that Luna or Solaris deemed them to be. Gay or straight. None of it mattered.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dria Wed Feb 07, 2024 8:44 am

"Really? I mean great!" He smiled brightly a small pep in his step as they settled in to do their project. "it's...a date?" He asked deciding to shoot his shot..worst case scenario Liam was straighter than a board and they'd go as friends? Was that pushing it too far? He pushes his anxiety down.

Of course the moment they say down a young woman came flying over and slumped into a seat. Marissa was one of their classmates, and had hung out with both boys. She poured. "Matt dumped me for Julie. JULIE." She grumbled. "Can you believe it?!" Poor Poor Sarah.
Dria
Dria
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Feb 07, 2024 8:47 am

Liam looked up at Den in surprise... having not expected the man to be asking him out. Although, before he could even pretend to respond, his friend sat down and he blinked. "Isn't Julie the one who tries to brag that her parents own some blacksmith shop in France?" he asked his friend. 

Honestly, he wasn't a fan of most of the girls in their class. Although, he did get along great with Sarah. She had never flirted with him so he didn't feel uncomfortable around her.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dria Wed Feb 07, 2024 9:03 am

"Yes! With her perfect hair, and her perfect smile and just ugh! You know who she asked to the festival? Only the hottest straight guy in our class! And he, of course, said yes. So miss french baguette sucker gets the guy and everything else too!"

"Baguette sucker?" Den looked confused at such a description. "I...don't think you want any baguette anywhere near there."
Dria
Dria
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Feb 07, 2024 9:11 am

He laughed at that and shook his head, "I think that's the most colorful way I've heard someone describe someone else," he teased his friend a little, "Also, just because he looks hot does not mean that he's actually worth anything." He shook his head. 

Honestly, he was curious to see where this was going since he didn't normally go to the festivals with anyone.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dria Wed Feb 07, 2024 9:50 am

She poured at them. "Well do one of you want to go on a date with me to the festival?" She asked hopefully. "I can't go alone and need to make him regret ditching me!"

"I'm sorry I asked someone already..." Den admitted.

"You did? Who?"

"Liam..."
Dria
Dria
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Feb 07, 2024 3:30 pm

Liam winced a little when she asked, and then looked at Den when he responded before he nodded. "And I agreed," he added on with an apologetic look. He felt bad for his friend. She was in a tough spot, but Den seemed really excited to have a date with him and he liked Den... so he wanted to go on the date! 

He then paused a moment, "Did you check to see if Micah wanted to go? I heard he was in the dumps over something earlier. Haven't really seen him since they pulled him out of class over some message though," he frowned.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dria Wed Feb 07, 2024 3:32 pm

She frowned. "No I haven't seen him. I'm worried, you think his family is okay?" She asked before eyeing the two "wait you two are a thing now? It's about time, Den has only had a crush on you forever!"

"Sarah!" Den yelped. "He didn't need to know that!" He was blushing.
Dria
Dria
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Feb 07, 2024 3:36 pm

Liam blinked at that and looked between the two of them. "Wait? Really? Was I the only one who didn't know this?" he asked, feeling really dumb and wondering why no one would tell him something like this?!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dria Wed Feb 07, 2024 4:19 pm

Den was blushing furiously as Sarah giggled. "Well Den made me promise, but really I thought he was pretty obvious " she stated simply amused. "he wasn't exactly discreet with his crush, hell the entire school likely knows!"

"I'm not that bad." Den protested with a whine.
Dria
Dria
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Feb 07, 2024 4:35 pm

Poor Liam. He looked SOO lost. "And no one thought to tell me! Sarah, you're in so much trouble! I could have been out dating this cutie a long time ago and you didn't give me the heads up!" he half joked about his annoyance with her. Really, he just felt silly that he DIDN'T know. "Am I really that oblivious to things?" he worried.

Meanwhile, at another part of the school... Micah was sitting in a quiet area of the school. He had avoided everyone after hearing the news. Goblins. Fucking Goblins! They killed half of his family... but his mother did not want him to leave school. She said that his father wanted him to remain at the school to get stronger and bond with something that could help them keep the goblins at bay. He groaned as he leaned back and looked up at the ceiling. How could his parents ask him this? That he STAY when his family was so clearly in danger?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dria Wed Feb 07, 2024 6:25 pm

Sarah cackled. "It was more fun this way, and I wanted it to happen naturally for you two." She stated easily to her friends. "seriously, you're going to be talk if the festival. Two of the hottest guys in our class dating each other."

Den was blushing. "You think I'm cute?"

"Of course he does! He wouldn't have said yes to going out otherwise " she pointed out. "Still though it's not like Micah to just poof. Guys wanna go look for him with me?"
Dria
Dria
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Feb 07, 2024 6:37 pm

He looked at Den and blinked. "Why wouldn't I? Are you tryin to say I have no taste?" he teased, giving the other boy a rather suspicious look. Although, he paused it instantly at Sarah's question. "Yeah. We'd best go check on him. It can't have been good news if he didn't immediately come back and tell us about it," he frowned a little.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dria Wed Feb 07, 2024 6:39 pm

He stammered, "what? No no I'm just..it's better coming from you?"

Sarah rolled her eyes. "Okay you two are gonna make me gah let's goooooo." She grabbed them. Y their arms and pulled, waiting long enough for them to stand up before dragging them off. Eventually they found Micah. "Micah! We've been looking for you."
Dria
Dria
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Feb 07, 2024 6:44 pm

Liam had started to chuckle and was going to reassure Den... but Sarah interrupted their fun and he nodded. "We're coming!" 

As they walked, he looked around for Micah while chatting with his friends. He was hoping they wouldn't find... what they did. Micah's gaze jumped up at the sight of his friends and he scrambled to wipe his eyes dry. "I'm sorry. Everything okay?" he asked, worried that the world was going to dump MORE shit on his plate.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dria Wed Feb 07, 2024 6:47 pm

She released her friends and immediately hugged Micah. "We were worried. What happened?" She asked motioning for everyone to sit down. Den shifted slightly, Micah didn't cry. This was truly bad if Micah was crying.

"Yeah, were here for you. No matter what." Den reassured.
Dria
Dria
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Feb 07, 2024 6:50 pm

Liam frowned at the sight. It was true... in all the time he'd known Micah... the man just NEVER cried. He would get frustrated from time to time... but he'd never seen tears. "Yeah, man. What's goin on?" he worried, sitting next to Den. 

Micah was a bit surprised but he hugged Sarah in return... if only to help assure her that he was alright. Because, the guy who didn't hug others ever or cry doing both WOULDN'T send alarm bells off for his friends. "You two an item yet?" he asked, noting something was different between two of his friends. He wasn't ready to talk about what happened to his family and he hoped that he could derail them from pushing him to tell.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dria Wed Feb 07, 2024 6:55 pm

Sarah was stunned. She actually froze for a moment before finally pulling away and sitting down. He hugged her, and while it was great....it also meant potentially he got the worst news of his life. She noted that he pulled the conversation away.

Den's ears grew red and he shuffled his feet. "Well I asked him to the festival and we're going. I don't know about thing...."

"They're totally a thing." Sarah interjected. "I found them all starry eyed in a corner " she chuckled. She but her lip and chewed on it. He clearly didn't want to talk about it and pressing wasn't good. But Den could be socially dense and so she blurted out the first thing that came to mind. "I'm madly in love with you, Micah, and I want to go to the festival with you and be your wife."
Dria
Dria
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Feb 07, 2024 7:10 pm

Liam glanced at Den and chuckled, "Are you saying you don't want to be a thing with me? I'm hurt! What sort of ma---" And then he heard the words that came out of Sarah's mouth and just stared at her in shock. 

Hell, Micah stopped and blinked at her in shock. "Aren't you dating Matt?" he asked her, since he was NOT updated on her newly made single status.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dria Wed Feb 07, 2024 7:13 pm

Den was trying to pick his jaw off the floor having enjoyed the small flirtatious banter he had with Liam. But now, what in the world was she doing?!

"Hu? No no we broke it ups totally fine." She waved it off. "He realized he was falling for another girl and decided to break up and not cheat. So I'm not mad about it, I dunno. Uhm." She chuckled. "Yeah so would you like to go to the festival with me?"
Dria
Dria
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Feb 07, 2024 7:17 pm

Micah blinked. "He did? Really? Are you sure?" he asked, completely confused by the whole thing. He did have to admit, his friend's crazy outburst did have him distracted from what was going on back home. "I wasn't sure if I was going to go to the festival... but I could go with you to the festival," he agreed after a moment. At least he'd be able to go with a friend, "Were you serious about the rest of that?" he asked, curious. 

"Oh yeah. She was super serious. Half expected her to blurt out that she wants to have your babies," Liam added on, noting that his friend seemed a bit more like his normal self the more they distracted him from whatever news he had gotten earlier.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dria Wed Feb 07, 2024 7:20 pm

"Great, yes exactly. I want to marry you and have all your babies. However many you want." She agreed. Den was watching this exchange confused. But was glad to see Micah relaxing.

"White picket fence, get a dog. A cat." Den chuckled. "We could probably even find somewhere that still does milk truck deliveries!"

"Hey I didn't say that!" Sarah yelped.
Dria
Dria
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Feb 07, 2024 7:26 pm

Micah looked at the three of them before he chuckled, "Thanks guys. Although, Sarah... perhaps we can focus on getting through school and maybe just try going to the festival before we talk about babies and marriage," he commented, "Sorry I worried you guys. My mom sent a message that goblins attacked again... they took my dad and cousin... my little brother is seriously injured as well.. but they didn't take him as well. I would go, but she flat out told me that I'm not to leave school because I need to stay here and bond with something that can help protect us from goblins." 

"Probably for the best. Not much that you alone can do against a whole goblin tribe, man. But I'm sure if you need to, you can always talk to my brother and see if he and Bastis can't send someone to help drive them off and keep your family safe for now," Liam suggested, feeling for his friend. That was a LOT and it was no wonder the man had been crying earlier.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dria Thu Feb 08, 2024 12:17 pm

Sarah flushed brightly. "Okay I panicked and I'm okay with marriage and babies but yes after the festival and you know graduating and whatever else " she assured. She listened to what he explained and frowned. No wonder he had been so distraught. "I'm so sorry, they're getting more brave...."

Den frowned and took out his phone. "I'll let mom know. She might be able to put some people out and see if maybe we can retrieve them..." He texted his mother. Would she agree? Eh he was gonna try for his friend!
Dria
Dria
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Feb 08, 2024 12:22 pm

He sighed and nodded. "Im worried about them. Goblins are getting out of hand and there is no guarantee they'll be safe until I can get back home with a bonded to help," he sighed and shook his head, "Thanks guys. I'll be okay and any help that your families can give... would be greatly appreciated," he assured them.

"I'll talk with Al later " Liam assured. "May talk to his mate though. He is more the brains of that operation."
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dria Thu Feb 08, 2024 12:24 pm

Den snickered, he wasn't wrong in that. Alvarez could be so...well there was a good chance that he'd act rashly. "Right, mom will respond soon. She's likely in some meeting." He assured.

Sarah touched her friends arm. "I don't have any power, but I'm here for you." She assured softly.
Dria
Dria
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Feb 08, 2024 1:11 pm

Micah nodded to them. "Thanks. Really. Sorry I made you guys worry about me," he told them. He was truly thankful for his friends and was secretly glad they had come looking for him.

Liam nodded and chuckled. "Anytime man. Although, you should seriously talk to Merrick and Amara. I bet they'll have answers about this," he commented.

"Anytime! But seriously, you should talk to
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dria Thu Feb 08, 2024 1:32 pm

"Well I mean you have your rights to privacy but you shouldn't keep your fiancee out of the loop." Den chuckled. "Or is it mother to be?" Sarah blushed brightly. "Seriously that's what you come up with to distract us?"

"It worked didn't it?!" She looked at Micah, "but we are here for you, you don't have to do this alone." She agreed.

Dria
Dria
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Feb 09, 2024 6:24 am

Micah rolled his eyes at Den's comment and chuckled. "Shouldn't you two be off on a date now that you've finally figured that shit out?" he teased before he looked to Sarah and nodded, "I know. I just needed some time to calm down a little. At first I was really pissed at my mom for telling me to stay here when so much is going on back home," he admitted to her. He hadn't wanted to yell at anyone undeserving of it... thus he knew to just take some time alone to get his head straight. His mother was asking an impossible of him, but he would listen and just deal with the intense worry he felt. 

Liam chuckled before he looked to Den, "Why don't we go find Merrick? Maybe we can give him a heads up on what's coming his way while these two figure out their marriage plans?"
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dria Fri Feb 09, 2024 9:52 am

Den nodded. "Right, yeah let's go find Merrick. You two got to choose the linens and colour scheme " he got up and waved walking with Liam. Merrick was found studying hard with his dragon who's name is poof not there for me.

Sarah groaned. "I swear those two..." She sighed. "your mom is right, and the moment we have the ability to I will go with you. But for now let's trust Den and Liam. They've never let us down."
Dria
Dria
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Feb 09, 2024 10:09 am

Liam walked over to the two and paused. "Merrick? Amara?" he greeted. 

Amara lifted her head from the book she was reading. "Oh! Little Liam!" she greeted warmly. They were researching important things for their job... but this young man was her mate's rider's brother... clearly that meant she should be nice to him. 

Micah chuckled a little at her, "You opened up a can of worms with those two that will be hard to put away," he commented with a shake of his head before sighing, "Thanks. I know she is, but I don't have to like it. I'm worried about them. Goblins attacking and taking two... injuring a third... I hate not being able to do something," he admitted to her.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dria Mon Feb 12, 2024 3:15 pm

Merrick was mumbling something under his breath and looked up startled, in fact it looked like he wasn't even sure what day it was anymore. "Liam! I don't know where Al is sorry." He stretched and stood up. "Ugh how long have I been sitting?"

"No we need to talk to you guys." Den stated. "Micah's family was attacked by goblins. Two are missing, his dad being one of them. One is badly injured." He explained. "We're trying to get help for them since he can't leave."

She chuckled and sat beside Micah. "Likely but you know. It worked." She touched his shoulder. "I know it's hard, but have faith that Den and Liam can pull strings. They may not be the best at social cues but they're pretty smart. I wish I could help your family."
Dria
Dria
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Feb 12, 2024 5:33 pm

Liam shook his head immediately, "Not sure. Den is right... Micah's mom told him to stay here. Is there anything you guys can do to help find his dad and cousin?" he asked. 

Amara watched the two before she glanced down at her notes. "Little one, didn't we just read something about goblins?" she asked her rider. Ironic how they were already looking into goblin activity... although there was no guarantee it was the SAME goblin activity.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dria Mon Feb 12, 2024 6:10 pm

Merrick paused and shuffled some papers in a very specific stack. There were many little stacks that to anyone but Merrick and amara would literally make no sense. "Ha, yes. Sorry ha isn't the right response. I meant ha I found it not..not..Uhm yes. Several places have seen a huge increase in goblin activity, there were four raids within the last few days. Of them three successful. Two took no hostages, the third...." He drifted off reading the rest of the report and swallowing hard. "Is..Uhm...were followed to see what they do to captives...it Uhm..it gets really grim from there. Two males?"

Den looked to Liam. "I mean that's not many and statistically it's a very large region right?"
Dria
Dria
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Feb 12, 2024 6:17 pm

Liam nodded, "Two males. Micah's father and cousin were both taken. His brother was badly injured," he responded, not liking where his brother-in-law was going with this thought. Something in him said it was very much so not good and that they'd have an even harder time keeping his friend from wanting to rush home and help. 

Micah, who I completely forgot about last post, smiled at her. "I know. Wanna go for a walk?" he asked. He needed to clear his head more. Thinking about his family was just going to keep him from being able to concentrate on anything else.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dria Mon Feb 12, 2024 6:24 pm

Shuffle shuffle he flipped through the full report. "Uhm. Y-you.... See. Goblins ate usually very barbaric to their captives. We've witness a variety of atrocities. B-but this group...well they Uhm, b-butchered and consumed the...the two men. Uhm the details are disgusting. There was an attempt at rescue, I'll be honest this wasn't a huge army watching this. The scouting party was two against what is detailed as three dozen goblins .."

"Sure if like that." She nodded and walked with him outside. "I've heard that there's even more dignitaries with potential people to bond than usual this year.' she broached. "Something about a Centennial celebration." She paused. "you know what? Why don't we go play pool at that tavern? Get a couple drinks, eat something?"
Dria
Dria
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Feb 12, 2024 7:00 pm

Liam winced at the news, it was worse than he had imagined. His friend would be devastated that his family members had been eaten. Although, something about the way that Micah had been acting.. there was a part of him that had to know what had happened. 

"Is there anything that can be done to help protect the remains of his family?" he asked, not sure he knew the answer... but he suspected that it wouldn't be terribly high. 

Amara watched the two, "We have been talking about what to do for those impacted. Many do not survive the encounter. Soon, we will be talking with some nearby to see if we can't offer safety here and away from the goblins. Easier if we do not need to spread ourselves thin protecting everyone," the dragon queen explained, "We were just researching everything we'd need to take before the councils to get approval."

He nodded, "Drinks sounds amazing. Honestly, I need to get my head right. We have tests coming up and I need a distraction," he sighed
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dria Tue Feb 13, 2024 10:33 am

Merrick nodded. "We have been making arrangements with the leaders to discuss a type of refugee camp. But obviously with better conditions than a lot of other camps. the centaurs have already offered a large field for us to set up structures."

Poor Den. The though that these Goins ate humans. He hated it. Of course he knew a lot about the atrocities, his mother would sometimes vent frustrations during dinner of things that weren't super top secret. "Well how long will that take? People are literally dying "

"Exactly let's go!" She agreed. They headed into town, it wasn't a long walk thankfully and when they entered the tavern the barkeep greeted them warmly like old friends. "Two of the usual please."

"Table over there is free Hun." The very gay, but cross dressing keep said as he handed them their beers. They moved to the table. "Alright I believe you won last time."
Dria
Dria
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Feb 13, 2024 10:44 am

Liam looked to his friend and gently touched his arm. "These things will likely take time. Maybe we can ask for some help with just Micah's family for now to keep him from doing something stupid when he learns this," he offered gently. He understood. He really did. However, he also had heard his brother bitching about red tape with leader type things and he knew the man wasn't likely to be able to rush things along more than they already were. 

"We are working as fast as we can. The structures are being built, but bringing people in now would not help them. They would have nowhere to stay," Amara gently reminded Den. 

Of course... this was about meal time and so Alvarez came walking in holding food for both Merrick and Amara. "Hey you two! Liam? I'm sorry, I only brought food for Merrick and Amara... is everything okay?" he asked, concerned as he finished walking over to his mate and the man's dragon. 

Micah accepted the beers before he nodded. "Thanks," he commented before he headed back to the table with her and chuckled, "It was close," he assured her with a wink before he set the beers down and went to go set up their game. At least the table was right by the pool tables!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dria Tue Feb 13, 2024 11:00 am

Den frowned and nodded. He looked at Alvarez, but Merrick grimly sighed. "He love. They were asking about an attack Micah's family went through. Goblins." He sighed. "The report is grim, they just came to ask for aid for the town." He explained.

She also set her beer down and chuckled. "Sure if you count me almost sinking the 8 ball three times." She winked at him, "but let's see what you can do. How about a wager?" She paused. "winner has to do the others homework, annnnnd...hm.." she paused. "Must sing at the festival a love song based to the other."
Dria
Dria
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Feb 13, 2024 11:11 am

Al winced at the news. "Didn't we talk about some report where the goblins ate the captives?" he asked his mate, not realizing it was the same family, "Bas and I were discussing sending a wing over to help watch over the town since that group of goblins seems to be so violent." 

Liam shook his head at his brother's crass comment, silently thankful that Micah wasn't there to hear the absurdity of it. Although, at the end of it his eyes widened. "Really, bro?" he asked his brother. 

"Yeah, why?"

"Because the family you mentioned that had two people eaten by Goblins is Micah's father and cousin. His mom told him to stay here until he has a chance to bond with something and be better prepared to help his family... but he's struggling with the idea of staying here when his family has been through such hardship... and he doesn't know for sure the outcome of them being taken," he explained to his brother. 

Micah blinked, "Hell no. I'm not having you do my homework. You know full well that the teachers use a spell to detect any cheating!" he protested, "And if I lose you really wanna punish the festival goers like this?" He really wasn't THAT bad at singing.. but he thought he sounded absolutely fucking horrible.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum