Ocean Tide Weyr
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Welcoming Ceremony

2 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

The Welcoming Ceremony Empty The Welcoming Ceremony

Post by Admin Wed Sep 27, 2023 8:15 am

Crystal Dragon Academy was considered to be one of the best schools within... well... at the very least the northern hemisphere... if not the world. Located on a rather sizeable island in the middle of the ocean... there was everything the inhabitants could need. The castle grounds were protected by a field that would keep out weather that was too extreme as well as those who were not welcome. This was a necessity. After all, their dragons were the pride of the castle! 

Truth be told, at one point, the place was a school for only those who managed to bond with a dragon and become their rider. They would bring over potential riders and only those who succeeded in binding their soul with that of a dragon would be allowed to stay and learn the craft. Since then... they have expanded their roster to include those of a variety of backgrounds... and not all needed to be dragon riders. Although, many still tried for that mantle as well. 

One such young man was quite intent on getting that honor. Alvarez was a rather tall and medium built boy, full of spunk and vigor. Focus and drive. He tended to have a bit of a one track mind and hadn't even paid any attention to the girls his age as he approached the dining hall. The headmaster was expected to give a speech, welcoming those who had arrived and explaining when the next chance to bind with a dragon would be. 

Granted, what many of the students failed to realize was... some among them WERE dragons. As some fables had once suggested, a dragon could shift forms and look like a human or any other race for that matter. They were truly powerful magical beings. That one would ever want to bind their soul with that of another was a mystery to those who fully understood them. Although... perhaps 'fully' was a bit of a stretch since none had been able to understand that particular aspect.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://oceanweyr.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

The Welcoming Ceremony Empty Re: The Welcoming Ceremony

Post by Dria Wed Sep 27, 2023 10:03 am

Merrick was an awkward looking boy..puberty had made him skinny without any real muscle, though he tried. A bit of a book worm he always seemed to have way too many books in hand than he truly needed. His family, however, had all been rather successful at this school and he needed to impress them! Seeing his classmate he fell into step beside the other boy.

Alvarez was handsome, and considerably more muscular than he was. Though that really wasn't hard. "Hey, you think he's going to announce binding opportunities?" He asked, they had spoken often enough, but Merrick also tried to keep a distance. He found Alvarez too attractive to hang around that much, especially considering his studies needed to be maintained!
Dria
Dria
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Sep 27, 2023 10:15 am

Alvarez glanced at the skinny boy that stood next to him. He wasn't going to lie to himself.. he found the slimmer frame to be attractive... but he was focused on what he was doing. He needed to bind himself to a dragon! 

"I imagine he will. He knows some of us came to this school for that specific purpose," he commented, although he had a rather kind tone to his voice. He was far from someone who thought himself above others... but he did think he would make a damn good dragon rider. 

At the front of the room, a middle aged man rose from his seat once all the students were present. "Quiet students! We have a few announcements to make today," he started before listing off some boring things such as a dance in three weeks time, an area of the castle that should be avoided since there were repairs going on there... but most importantly he added at the end, "I know many of you have been waiting... but starting next week we will be holding opportunities for you to meet with the dragons and potentially bond with one of them. In order to be presented to the dragons, you must have selected that course plan when applying... or submit an application to my office for review," he informed the students.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dria Wed Sep 27, 2023 10:37 am

Merrick listened attentively, which was surprising as normally he had a book in his face. The excited whisper that went through the students was evident enough, but after the announcement Merrick turned. "You applied to bind too right?" Of course Merrick did, his family had a lineage of dragon riders and he would be a complete disappointment of he didn't. "I've seen some of the dragons up close. They're really picky about who they bind with." He added in a whisper, "though I hear there may be some dragons who can shape shift..imagine them just taking classes for the fun of it."
Dria
Dria
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Sep 27, 2023 10:45 am

Alvarez glanced over at Merrick once the announcements were finished and nodded. "I did. I've always wanted to be a dragon rider and next week is my chance," he grinned before he frowned, "Really? I mean, I know they are some of the most powerful magical creatures around... but it is shocking to hear that some can shape shift. You'd think they would have mentioned it in class." 

It was actually something they avoided mentioning in class. A request made by the dragons so they could stealthily look into the newer recruits. Better than having kids constantly bombard them with questions and the like.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dria Wed Sep 27, 2023 10:52 am

"Maybe they just wanna be like regular students? I'd imagine being able to live so long would be a bit boring if you couldn't shake things up a bit." He suggested with a casual shrug. "But I mean I honestly don't know if they can..it's likely just a rumour. You know how school is." He pointed out. "I'm looking to bond too. Though with this wimpy physique I'm more likely to bond a fluffy kitten than a dragon." He scowled.
Dria
Dria
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Sep 27, 2023 11:04 am

He frowned at the man next to him, not sure he agreed with that summary. "You shouldn't talk down about yourself like that, Merrick. Being skinny like you are isn't a bad thing. I happen to think you pull off your physique rather well. Besides, just because you look like you have no muscle doesn't mean you don't actually have it," he pointed out, not even remotely realizing that some might take his words as flirtatious. He was just stating his opinion on the matter.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dria Wed Sep 27, 2023 11:45 am

He blushed. "You think so?" He asked earnestly. "Well I certainly hope so." He added. "My family will be so disappointed if I don't. I might just be disowned." He groaned at the thought. Thankfully they had another son? "Anyways. No use worrying about it right now..may as well study. You down?"

The next week was busy. Finally they were able to meet the dragons. Bastis was a large black brute. He enjoyed looking around the castle though, and often was able to sneak around as one of the various young adults looking to bond. He layed lazily in the sun his eyes open as he watched people filter in. It was an interesting bunch but he wasn't quite sure who was worthy of being bound to him.

Merrick walked in with confidence, or at least the air of it. He was stressed. His family would disown him. Looking around at the dragons they all seemed to be judging them.
Dria
Dria
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Sep 27, 2023 11:54 am

Not far from Bastis was Amara. A beautiful and sleek black dragon. There were others around as well... however, she was nestled on a ledge, overlooking the potential humans... humanoids they could bond with. "Interesting lot this year," she commented to Bastis, "Were you able to find one that caught your eye?" 

She had grown up around the male, but that didn't mean she had ever revealed her thoughts to him. Her tail flicked a little as she looked at the crowd before her eyes landed on the boy who was trying so hard to display confidence... but seemed stressed or worried about something. 

Alvarez stood next to Merrick. He had done some studying with the guy over the past week. "Calm down, even I can tell you're nervous something will go wrong," he whispered to his friend. Unlike Merrick.. he had a true air of confidence around him. He knew that he was good enough... he just needed a dragon to allow him to prove himself.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dria Wed Sep 27, 2023 12:01 pm

Bastis moved his head slightly, almost lazily. "Quite the turn out indeed, there may be one." His eyes landed on Alvarez. "His arrogance may get him killed though." He added quietly.

Merrick looked sheepish. "Right sorry." He stood straighter. He watched all the dragons curious as to who would make the first move. Bastis stood up his wings readjusting as he moved, the dragon snorted at the crowd. Merrick tried to stand even taller.

"Interesting." He stopped at Alvarez. "You think you're confident enough boy." His head lowered turning so one eye locked onto him. "You have confidence, certainly. But you think you can handle the trial?" He asked his scaley lips cureling into a smile.
Dria
Dria
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Sep 27, 2023 1:18 pm

Amara rumbled her amusement at his answer before waiting patiently as he rose to go speak with his chosen human. "An interesting choice," she commented to herself as she watched.

Alvarez watched the dragon, unflinching as the beast approached. "I do. I think that I have put in a lot of work and training to reach this point and that I can prove to be a worthy partner," he responded to the dragon.

It was true too... he often spent his early morning hours practicing all the physical skills he would need to be a rider.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dria Wed Sep 27, 2023 2:43 pm

His head moved and a warm snort excited his nose right in Alvarez's face. "Hmm we'll see with time then. I am Bastis, you may attempt to bind with me." He was a smug dragon, and frankly he was huge. "We will see if your arrogance as merit." He then bowed his head lower again to see if the male would accept. Merrick let out a shallow breath. Bastis was easily the largest unbound dragons, and he had kind of a name for himself. He often wouldn't even look someone's way and denied all others.

But Merrick tore his eyes away and clenched his fists. He had to for his family. He looked more determined now. "I've got this." He muttered to himself
Dria
Dria
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Sep 27, 2023 2:48 pm

Alvaris bowed his head to the dragon before gently reaching out to touch the beast's snout. "I, Alvarez, pledge to show you I am worthy of this honor," he stated formally before lowering his hand and raising his gaze to the beast once more. His part of starting things was done... for now. He would still need to show the dragon he was a worthy partner.

Amara was pleased with the male's choice and slowly rose from her spot once the start of things had finished. She had decided on who she would test. Although, she wasnt about to show that as she eyed those around the area. Carefully she moved to stand next to Bastis.

"Little human, is it me or a sense of duty you fear?" She asked Merrick.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dria Wed Sep 27, 2023 2:52 pm

Bastis snorted in approval. "I Bastis pledge that this human is mine to test." He gave a quick roar before nudging the human. "Come I will show you my ledge. It overlooks the island." He moved so silently for someone so large. Dragon magic perhaps?

Merrick looked her in the eye. "It's my duty to my family. It would dishonour them for me to be rejected." He stated honestly. "I don't fear you. I have respect for your kind." He told her matter of factly. She was beautiful, and thankfully didn't seem as arrogant as Bastis, but perhaps Alvarez needed a challenge that way.
Dria
Dria
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Sep 27, 2023 2:56 pm

Alvarez nodded his agreement before he followed the dragon off to see his ledge. He was determined to prove his worth... but the test was something none could prepare for. The dragon decided how and when to test their chosen rider. "Thank you, Bastis," he commented as he walked. He still looked fierce and determined, but he could be humble and polite.

The female regarded him and listened to his reasoning. Such a brave child, and very aware of himself. However, was he aware of others. "What are your thoughts of Bastis's chosen to test?" She asked him. Her test was very different than the male's.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dria Wed Sep 27, 2023 3:00 pm

Bastis had a different way of testing people. As they got to the ledge he waited patiently for the human to look over then PUSH. He would obviously catch the human but first needed to test this one's bravery. Of course no one intervened it was not the way.

Merrick paused. "His outward imagine is tough, but he is kind and dedicated. A good friend." He was blushing though slightly. There had been some accidental flirting between them. "I think he is up to the challenge of Bastis honestly." He added with a nod. He watched the dragon curious, of course he wanted to know how her hide felt and had to hold back touching her. That would be rude.
Dria
Dria
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Sep 27, 2023 3:08 pm

Alvarez didnt know what to expect... but being pushed off the ledge wasnt it. That being said, he knew the dragon wouldnt let his potential partner die from the fall. Thus, outside of the startled noise, he took a deep breath. He had to trust. His eyes shifted to the ground coming up fast as he looked for a back up way to save himself if need be. It was then that he spotted a ledge that he could reach... if flipped the right way.

With some effort, he flipped his body around and managed to grab onto a branch that stuck out from the ledge. Not thick enough to stop him... but enough to slow him down a bit. He then allowed himself to go closer to the cliff before grabbing on. His heart raced from everything, but he didnt seem scared. Just focused.

Amara liked the answer received and lifted her gaze to look over as Alvarez was knocked from the ledge. "Your friend seems very much so suited for Bastis. But are you ready to prove you are suited to be my rider?" She asked, lowering her head.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dria Wed Sep 27, 2023 3:29 pm

Bastis watched in amusement lazily he flew down in circling motions. "Your arrogance as merit." He plucked the human up and reset him on the large ledge. "Perhaps you will do." This time there was almost an affectionate nudge. "Though I may drop you off more things. For science."

"Yes, I believe I am. I will succeed in any test you throw my way." He stated proudly. "As long as you'll accept it I Merrick pledge myself to showing you that I am worthy of your honour." He stated reaching out to see if she'd accept a small eye ridge scritch.
Dria
Dria
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Sep 27, 2023 3:33 pm

Alvarez was glad to be plucked from the side of the cliff and put back on solid ground. Although, he did chuckle at the comment. "I have heard that it is important to do things for science," he joked. Honestly, he liked the thrill of figuring out what he needed to do to save himself.

Amara let him touch her, "Then I, Amaris, pledge that you are my human to test," she told him with a soft nudge from her muzzle before lifting her head. Only, she didnt call it out to the others. Her brand wasnt about strength, but cunning. "How do you believe your friend feels after being pushed off the cliff by Bastis?" She asked.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dria Wed Sep 27, 2023 3:37 pm

He chortled in amusement. "Exactly. I like you Alvarez, you're spunky. You may just pass." He stated looking out. "This island has been my home since I hatched." He stated it wasn't a question merely fact.

Merrick touched her cool scales and smiled.."oh he probably enjoyed it. He's a thrill seeker, and while parts of him were likely terrified overall he knew he'd be safe." He stated simply. He knew not all tests were merely shoving people off cliffs.
Dria
Dria
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Sep 27, 2023 3:40 pm

The young man stood next to the dragon and looked out over the island as well. It was truly breathtaking. His gaze shifted up to the dragon. "Have you ever bonded with another human before?" He asked.

She watched carefully as he answered her question. A rumble of approval left her. "Very good. Are you aware of Bastis and my position among the dragons of this isle?" She asked.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dria Wed Sep 27, 2023 3:47 pm

Bastis chortled. "No. I had one that tries. He failed. I am, how you humans say, difficult to impress. My challenge is not for everyone and those who do not have the guts to back up their attitude surely crumble."

Merrick was clearly thinking for a moment, going through the names of dragons he knew. "I believe you and Bastis are the next in line." He stated. "Though, if I remember correctly before you can lead you must bond. I'd imagine I'm in for quite the challenge to prove I'm worthy to be by your side."
Dria
Dria
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Sep 27, 2023 3:53 pm

He nodded his understanding. "Oh, there was a time when I would have been terrified of what you did... but I know that to be a good rider I need to be capable and strong. So I dedicated time every morning to get here. I wanted to make sure I would be able to pass the trials placed before me. Although, I have no intention of slacking if we do end up bonded. I would be remiss if I didnt keep myself in good condition for whatever we need," he responded. His voice sounded almost humble before the dragon. He wanted the beast to know that hard work went into his attitude, it wasnt just airs he put on.

She rumbled her amusement at his assessment. "Very good, little one. Bastis and I are mates as well.. but what do you think our jobs will entail as leaders once we have bonded ourselves to our riders?" She asked.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dria Wed Sep 27, 2023 3:59 pm

The dragon chuckled. "Good I won't have any rider of mine fat." He pointed out. "If you succeed you will help us rule out kin. You realize that right? My mate, she is not so physical. But her mind is wiser than any of your sages. She is strong in other ways. Are you willing to die for her if needed, for me?"

"Well as a leader you must advise your kin in matters of policy. Bindings, any struggles. As well as of course keep the peace. I've seen a few mating flights. They are not for the faint of heart, I'd imagine the fall out of the ones not chosen to be...intense." he stated simply. "What would you have me do to aid you? As I assume anyone who binds to you would be assisting."
Dria
Dria
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Sep 27, 2023 4:48 pm

He chuckled at the remark before quieting and listening to the question. It was then that he nodded. "I would do so today. For any dragon," he responded, completely serious. It was another reason he practiced so hard. The dragons were important to them, and he would do anything to help protect them.

She appreciated his honesty. "Matings can be fierce, but males who do not succeed are generally good at accepting such a fate. They were not the strongest, and to fail at earning a mate's attention... that is something they use as motivation. No... there are orher things that must be governed. We do not cater to those who cannot use their loss as motivation to better themselves," she stated simply, "However, if we are to bond with each other... you will need to help me listen to what is going on. Be observant of everything. Believe it or not... the leading female is often considered the strategist and is in charge of the stealthier dragons," she explained, "Do you believe yourself up to such tasks? Along with helping to raise any welplings Bastis and I have."
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dria Wed Sep 27, 2023 5:57 pm

Bastis seemed to make an approving noise.."I kind of want to shove you off the ledge again. You're the first human to actually grab something and not just scream and fall to your doom. I promise no one has died...from that."

"Yes, I think my thirst for knowledge would help you with subterfuge, and strategies." He admitted. "I would gladly help raise your young, though I would defer to you for knowledge on it. I helped raise farm animals back home, but...frankly none of them are as powerful or mighty as a dragon."
Dria
Dria
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Sep 27, 2023 6:06 pm

He chuckled at that, somehow not even remotely bothered that the dragon wanted to push him off a cliff. He thought about it for a moment. "Well, do you want to push me or do you want to see me jump off the cliff?" he asked. Hell yeah he was in for seeing if he could pull that shit off again. 

She liked his answers. He was a kind, smart and respectful boy. "I like you. There will be further tests, but thus far I believe you will pass. Why don't you come with me and we will let my mate know to see his thoughts," she told him. She wouldn't REALLY take Bastis's opinion into account. However, she did know that Merrick would have to work alongside Alvarez plenty should the humans bond with the dragons they were currently talking to.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dria Wed Sep 27, 2023 6:13 pm

Bastis thought on it.."Best not my mate approaches, I'll push you later." Truly she was the only one that could control him and he was pretty much like a puppy dog for her. A very very large puppy dog with very sharp teeth that would kill someone.

"I'd be glad to." He liked that she felt he would pass and walked with her easily.."Hey Alvarez how was your uh...flight? Fall?"

"Thrown more like." Bastis nuzzled his mate lovingly.."Do you truly believe this tiny is strong enough my mate? He is tiny. A wind will break him."
Dria
Dria
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Sep 27, 2023 6:23 pm

Amara nuzzled her mate in return, rumbling her amusement. "I think he is smart enough to be able to help me. We have you and your little human to do the protecting," she pointed out to her mate with a rumble, "And you should really stop throwing humans off cliffs. The headmaster always complains when he hears about it." 

Alvarez grinned, "It was fun. Although I think I might have created a bit of a monster. Bastis seems to think it'd be fun to throw me off a cliff more regularly. I'm apparently entertaining," he laughed as he looked at the dragon. 

"Well... at least this human seems to match your level of crazy when it comes to throwing things off cliffs," Amara commented to her mate thoughtfully.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dria Wed Sep 27, 2023 6:31 pm

Bastis snorted. "No one has died from that test, they may dirty their pants but they all lived." He pointed out. True many had tried to bind to him but none were...well crazy enough, it seemed. He eyed the little human. "If you think he will be a good one the. I support you. But personally I think you need someone stronger."

Merrick felt so judged currently. "Maybe we'll make you a parachute. Really throw him off." He suggested with a grin. Sure he wasn't likely to win favors over that but it would be hilarious.

"Maybe he does have spunk."
Dria
Dria
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Sep 27, 2023 6:34 pm

Amara rumbled before she looked down at the humans as her human suggested a parachute for his friend. "He knew that your little human enjoyed being thrown off a cliff," she told her mate. 

Alvarez blinked, "Wait, you knew I'd have fun with that? Am I really thought of as that crazy?" he asked, not sure if he should be proud or insulted. He was on the fence about it. "But either way, a parachute could make it fun! Maybe we can try it that way one of these days. See if it is still fun or if it's more fun to see if I can catch something on the way down," he suggested to Bastis.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dria Wed Sep 27, 2023 7:05 pm

"Crazy? No. Determined to do anything to prove your worth. So being thrown off a cliff seems about right." Merrick chuckled. "I could totally make a cool deployment system."

Bastis paused. "Well they're not wrong. It is fun chucking humans off things. They fly so well!" He pointed out and with that PUSH off went Alvarez. Bastis waited. "Grab something." He called playfully.
Dria
Dria
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Sep 27, 2023 7:18 pm

"Oof!" Alvarez half yelped as he was pushed off again before he busted up laughing and pulled basically the same trick as before, catching himself on the side of the cliff before he looked up. "Are you gonna come get me? Or do I need to climb back up?" he asked at a yell so the dragon could hear him. He wasn't opposed to climbing, he just wanted to know which one he should focus on. 

"Go get your human, Bastis! What would you do if he got injured from your stunts?" Amara admonished her mate.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dria Wed Sep 27, 2023 7:20 pm

Bastis was chortling and lazily flew down retrieving the boy. "Hu, it wasn't a fluke. Good job you are strong." He almost bashed poor Alvarez over again giving him a pat on the back. "You've got real spunk. You keep impressing me and you won't die."

"Uhm how many has he killed?" Merrick blinked. Truthfully bastis had killed no one..his last intended had...well fallen to their death and it was something Bastis hated.
Dria
Dria
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Sep 27, 2023 7:31 pm

He blinked at that and chuckled. "I'm not sure of what your goal is anymore," he commented with a chuckle. Clearly not terribly upset. He still found the fall to be exhilarating.

Amara snorted, "No, he hasn't killed or hurt any of the potential riders... yet," she pointed out, "Although the last one that got this close to bonding with him ended up falling to his death."
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dria Wed Sep 27, 2023 9:19 pm

Bastis' mood changed. Like a storm cloud hung over his head. "That was...many many years ago." He said sullenly. "The trial wasn't supposed to fail that way."

"I'm sorry I meant nothing by it!" Merrick apologized.
Dria
Dria
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Sep 27, 2023 9:26 pm

Alvarez got a worried look on his face. "Hey, I was just kidding. I know you dont really mean me any harm," he told the dragon, having COMPLETELY missed the part about how someone had died. Something about rapid changes in altitude making ears pop. May not have been much, but it was enough that he could only hear muffled sounds.

Amara crooned gently to her mate. "It wasnt your fault, Bastis. Accidents happen. Perhaps this time your trials will be passed with flying colors," she offered to her mate.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dria Wed Sep 27, 2023 9:30 pm

Bastis crooned at her. "You're right my love. You always are. It is not your fault little Alvarez, it pains me that a good friend was lost. You will succeed though." He rumbled

Merrick chuckled. "He's right. Well all be just fine." He agreed.
Dria
Dria
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Sep 27, 2023 9:36 pm

Alvarez was COMPLETELY lost, but his dragon friend seemed fine.. and his hearing had returned! Yay! "I will," he promised solemly. He may not always be the brightest at some things... but he was capable enough to pick up on the idea that someone had failed before and it had cost them dearly. He would save his dragon friend such pain going forward. Perhaps he would ask Merrick about it later on.

Amara rumbled her approval. "Yes. Little One, why dont you come with me and we can continue your trials?" She offered to Merrick. She had a feeling she would be choosing him as her bond before the day was out.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dria Wed Sep 27, 2023 9:41 pm

Merrick straightened up. "Right." He nodded and waved at Alvarez before turning and following her. "So since you're not the throw me off the ledge type, what would you have me do?" He asked keeping in step.

"Our trial will be tonight. There will be only one chance. You must trust in me completely. You cannot grab for anything you cannot wavering your trust. If you do....you will die." He sounded serious. "No tricks either. No parachutes or whatever else." He stated. He was looking to one of the towers in the distance. There was only certain people allowed. Dragons and their riders. That's it.
Dria
Dria
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Sep 27, 2023 9:52 pm

She looked down at her human and then ahead. "You will see, Little One," she assured.

Alvarez looked at the tower and his face turned serious. "You already have my trust, Bastis," he assured the dragon.

---

That evening, Amara had told Merrick that they would essentially be playing hide and seek. They would go their separate ways... and he would have until Bastis and Alvarez returned to find her. What she didnt say was that she would be in her human form.

In fact, she was currently sitting in a nice little alcove with a book, although she had clear line or sight to the tower.

Alvarez climbed to the top of the tower. He didnt bring any bag with him, just himself. In fact, he also left his weaponry and everything that would be useful for him to save himself behind. He wanted to prove to Bastis that he had complete faith in the beast. Thus, once at the top he waited patiently.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dria Wed Sep 27, 2023 10:07 pm

Bastis was truly a behemoth as he flew, though it would be hard to tell. His silhouette all that would be barely seen. He swooped down at the tower and landed right by Alvarez. "The test, you see. I will allow you to ride. This is the only time you will get unless you pass. We will go as high as my wings can carry us. I will then drop down. You must release me and free fall. Trust that I will catch you in the knock of time." He stated. "It will be cold. You will move fast. But as long as you trust. We will be fine." Upon agreement he did just that. They flew to the point where air grew thin and then finally he lazily turned and started a downward spiral. "Let go. And trust."

Merrick was, naturally, looking for a female dragon. He knew she'd be nowhere obvious. "If I led a stealth team I would not be what I would expect I be." He stated wandering. He had checked the gardens. Nope. And was now in the library for the moment. Looking around, though it felt truly ridiculous. "Okay let's see. Dragons have wings, four legs, and are pretty big. But then that rumour..." he mumbled. In fact he didn't notice her as he walked by. But he still had time. Though he noticed that his friend was now plummeting to earth on his own. "Shit not much time. Dragon dragon dragon." He grabbed a book from the shelf she was over. "Let's see." He read it. "I should have asked her age..nope that's rude Merrick remember women don't like that." He reminded himself. He paced watching his friend fall. "He really needs to be caught." He grumbled.
Dria
Dria
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Sep 28, 2023 5:21 am

Alvarez listened and nodded before climbing up on the beast'a back. It was... thrilling to fly with such a dragon. He understood the need for a trust fall... he also knew that the dragon would catch him. Thus, when told to let go... he did. He watched patiently as the world flew up at him, determined to see how this played out. Sure, a part of him screamed that he would DEFINITELY splat. However, he wrestled it down and just waited. He didnt flail, didnt do any fun flips... just let the free fall happen.

Amara couldnt help but be amused at the ramblings as the human tried to figure it out. However, she couldnt reveal herself yet. Instead, she seemed to shift her focus to the boy falling. Her mate had done this before... but she could see the determination on Alvarez's face as he stayed calm and waited to be caught.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dria Thu Sep 28, 2023 10:25 am

Merrick frowned and paced more, just before Alvarez would be caught he turned and locked eyes with Amara. "You really can turn into a human?!" He gasped, after all no one else hung out where she was.

Alvaraz's descebt would be a lonely one. The earth was coming closer. Closer yet, and finally just before the earth would crush him, he was caught..a claw gently plucked him from his free fall. A roar of excitement escaping Bastis. "You are worthy little human!" He chortled excitement in his voice.
Dria
Dria
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Sep 28, 2023 10:45 am

She couldnt help it and laughed. "Yes, little one, we can become human as needed. Or well, any humanoid being we need to. But you have passed," she told him in a happy and amused tone.

Alvarez could hear the panicky part of his brain getting louder the closer the ground came. However, before he could be squished, he felt the claws close around him. He breathed a bit and chuckled, "Good. Can we avoid more tests like that one? Not nearly as fun as the jumping off a cliff and catching myself," he told the dragon.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dria Thu Sep 28, 2023 5:23 pm

He smiled. "That's amazing! I can't believe the rumours are true!" He gushed. "I passed! Oh my god I passed!" He gave a small jump in triumph. "Thank you for believing in me Amara I promise I will do my best to be there for you!"

Gently the beast landed and set Alvarez upright. "I will not test you like that again. Though it may be needed should the time call for it. I will always catch you." He seemed almost proud of the human. "We will do the binding ceremony soon."
Dria
Dria
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Sep 28, 2023 6:05 pm

She smiled at him and nodded, "I know, little one. I have high hopes for you," she assured him, "Shall we go and see how well your friend did? You seemed concerned for his wellbeing," she suggested to him. 

He nodded at that, "I can understand situations like that happening in cases of emergency. Besides, I know I can trust you to not let me become a pancake... unless you're legit unable to catch me for some reason," he promised the dragon. He knew it would take something serious to stop his new friend from keeping him alive.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dria Thu Sep 28, 2023 6:11 pm

He looked relieved. "Yes, it was so scary watching him fall without something to catch himself you know?" He stated sheepishly. "Us humans are kind of squishy and honestly not built well. Takes nothing for us to break or die."

"We are a team. I won't get captured. But we should celebrate. Likely your friend will want to make sure you're okay. I may hear it from my mate. She thinks my trials are brutal. But strength is needed to protect us. She may have her ways, but stealth and shadows don't always do what we need." He rumbled. There was love in his voice mentioning his mate.
Dria
Dria
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Sep 28, 2023 6:48 pm

She nodded as she got up. "I have told him that his trials are too harsh, but your friend seems like he has survived just fine," she responded as she headed out to meet the others. 

Alvarez nodded, "I don't mind testing my strength and bravery. Like you said, there may be a time when such strength and bravery is required... it is only right that you test for someone who is ready and able to take on such tasks," he stated simply to the dragon. Clearly he was not upset by the test, but he was thankful that he didn't have to do it again unless situations forced it upon them. The jumping off a cliff thing would still be fun though. He liked the idea of training to be able to do that sort of thing.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dria Thu Sep 28, 2023 7:14 pm

He chuckled. "Well Alvarez is crazy enough
He'll likely jump off cliffs on his own now that he knows he has help." He teased.

"As we learn to fly when we are young it is an exercise that all dragons go through. Learning to trust your wings is important. A bird doesn't fear a branch breaking be ause it can carry itself sort of thing." He explained. "Not to mention mating rituals. You have to be confident that you won't crash land while trying to impress a female. As you are my bonded to be, I needed you to prove that you could handle it. Though...maybe I'll throw you off cliffs. That was kind of entertaining!"
Dria
Dria
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum